Centre for Clinical Implementation of Capsule Endoscopy
CICA is a Centre of Excellence under the Region of Southern Denmark initiated by the Department of Surgery at Odense University Hospital in Svendborg. CICA aims to change routine practice for bowel investigations with the use of Capsule Endoscopy (CE). The transformation will focus on various clinical areas across hospital and general practice.
CICA will focus on building evidence for the implementation of capsule endoscopy as well as improving a number of specific factors both clinically, technologically, and organisationally. The centre is unique due to its transdisciplinary research.
CICA focus on
- Capsule Endoscopy in Screening
- Capsule Endoscopy in diagnostics, surveillance and follow up
- Capsule Endoscopy as a filter test in General Practice
- Artificial Intelligence as a decision support tool
- Hardware development for real-time diagnostics
- Business and service models for capsule endoscopy
You can read more about the specific research activities here.