The CICA network exceeds the boundaries of the Region of Southern Denmark
The International Advisory Board (IAB) is a big part of the international partnership where experts across Europe contribute with relevant input to the centre activities. It is an important part of our activities to always stay updated on international research and technological advancements.
The members of the IAB are
- Professor, MD Professor Gunnar Baatrup – CICA centre manager, OUH Svendborg Hospital, Denmark
- Director of Research Kim Brixen, Odense Universitetshospital, Danmark
- Director of Research, Angus Watson, Development and Innovation, NHS Highland
- Professor, Owen Epstein, Institute for Minimally Invasive Gastroenterology (IMIGe), London
- Leif Vestergaard Pedersen, Denmark
- Professor Cristiano Spada, European Endoscopy Training Centre, Italy
- Professor George Crooks, Scotland
- Gunnar Baatrup, Center leader, Professor, Department of Surgery, OUH
- Niels Qvist, Professor, Department of Surgery, OUH
- Jens Søndergaard, Professor, Research Unit for General Practice, SDU (online)
- Esmaeil Nadimi, Professor, Maersk McKinney Møller Institute, SDU
- Hans Rahr, Professor, Organ and Plastic Surgery, Lillebælt Hospital
- Robert Steele, Professor Ninewell University, University of Dundee (online)
- Anastasios Koulaouzidis, Professor, Department of Surgery, OUH
- Mark Bremholm Ellebæk, Doctor, Klinisk lektor, Department of Surgery, OUH
- Thomas Bjørsum-Meyer, Doctor, Department of Surgery, OUH
- Jens Kjeldsen, Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, OUH: HHT-projektet “Implications of Hepatic Arteriovenous Malformations and Gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiectasia”
- Charlotte Løfberg, Project Manager & CICA Center Secretary, Department of Surgery, OUH
The international collaboration
The international collaboration is an important part of CICA’s activities and further development in terms of partnerships, consultation and mutual educational relationships. These are some of the international partners already associated with CICA:
- Dr. Ignacio Fernandez-Urien Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra, Pamplona Spain. Scientific co-workers, co-authors and co-supervisors
- Professor Erwin Toth, Head of Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Skåne, Malmø.
- Professor Henrik Thorlacius Department of Surgery, Skåne University, Lund. Co-workers clinical trials and CCE development.
- Mr. Neil Borley, Cheltenham District Hospital, Co-author and faculty member SATC center.
- Dr. Cornelius Glismann and Dr. Hagen Wenzek, Corporate Health. Commercial partner, Capsule delivery and analyses.
- CEO Europe Gaelle Flammang, Medtronic International. Clinical Trials and Sponsorship.
- Professor Dion Morton, Barling Chair of Surgery and Head of the Academic Department of Surgery, Birmingham University, UK. Currently he is Director of the West Midlands Genomic Medicine Centre (WMGMC) and adjunct professor at Vejle Hospital.
- Joanne Boyle, Business engagement manager, Digital Health & Care Institute, Scotland, Glasgow.
- Professor Alex Porteous, Research, Development and Innovation NIH Highlands Scotland. Capsule technology and clinical trial protocols.
To ensure that the activities in CICA adhere to international standards at all times and are state-of-the-art, we have established a formal collaboration with the British “SPECC National Development Programme” from the Pelican Cancer Foundation at Basingstoke University Hospital.
- Professor Gunnar Baatrup
- Professor Anastasios Koulaouzidis
- Associate Prof. Thomas Bjørsum-Meyer
- Associate Prof. Issam Al-Najami
- Projectleader Charlotte Løfberg
- PhD Lasse Kaalby Møller
- PhD Ulrik Deding
- PhD Benedicte Schelde-Olesen
- Research Secretary Jette Brandt
- Education Secretary Lene von Fintel Sostack
- Studenthelper Camilla Thorndal Nielsen
- Studenthelper Sofie Sajan Jensen
- Studenthelper Ola Selnes
- Studenthelper Sebastian Radic Eskemose
- Studenthelper Lea Østergaard Hansen
- Studenthelper Mathilde Bernal